Frequently Asked Questions

What does full coverage mean?

This is an often-misinterpreted term, and doesn’t refer to a policy that covers “everything.” Instead, full coverage typically refers to a policy that includes both liability coverage and coverage for damage to your property.
Your Motor insurance Policy Declaration page lists the coverage you have selected, and can help you select Motor insurance coverage that fits your needs and budget.

What kinds of Auto insurance discounts are available?

Zemen Insurance has a variety of discounts to help you save on your insurance, and reward you for safe behavior. Discounts vary by type, so make sure to check for which discounts you’re eligible.
Underwriting officers you save with discounts for:
Select occupational groups (doctors, RNs, dentists, teachers, police, firefighters, etc.)
Teens with parents who have safe driving records
Drivers who own cars with standard safety features
Drivers who own multiple cars
Age of vehicles
And more!
Contact your local Underwriting officers for more details.

How do I report a loss?

After a car accident, breakout, or any kind of accident, it’s important to let your branches or claim directorate immediately so as to minimize costs and to get the claims process begin immediately. You can any one of the methods shown below:
Report a claim online-
Use our Head Office Tel:+251-115 57 58 50/ 54 64
Report to claims directorate: Tel:+251-116 15 16 34/115 57 54 64/+251-944 17 36 73
Use our Branch Manager mobile

When submitting a claim, what impact will it have on my premium?

This depends on your loss ratio, recent claims, and all claims you have had in the past, as well as the state of the current insurance market. Consult your underwriters ,Brokers and agent.

When do I file an auto insurance claim?

The most important thing to remember about filing an auto insurance claim is to make sure report to police station first.
That may sound crazy but making sure a situation is safe and the proper authorities have been notified.
The insurance company needs to see a police report especially if there was another vehicle or someone else’s property involved in the accident.
As far as when you should file. Calling the next day is fine but the sooner the better and not further than 10 days. Remember you can always call our or the claims directorate.